Monday, January 23, 2012

yuck

I've got that feeling now.  I used to get sick ever single year after the winter semester, no matter what.  I would pray that it would at least hold off until after finals, with varying degrees of success.  When we were home for ten hours to sleep, launder and leave again, I made us pound Airborne.  I was actually pretty surprised that neither of us felt any real inkling of getting sick! Now though, now is the real finished finish.  I made it through everything; I miraculously didn't get sick, or too sun burnt, or accidentally eat wheat and not be able to fit into my suit, or spill anything on my crisp white shirt, or show up late, or completely botch any of my answers.  Riding high, we cruised through the rest of the weekend.  A glorious weekend that was packed to bursting in order to fit as many things in as possible.  Now though, I am home enjoying a much needed day off before heading back to work and I have that creeping feeling.  The my-head-feels-a-little-larger-than-usual and this-cough-has-turned-productive kind of feeling.  But I REFUSE!  Can I please refuse?  Can't I just say that it isn't over yet, and there is no time to be sick?!  Cause really, I work the next three days, so that's not really an over sort of thing to do.  SO I have ibuprofen-ed and airborne-d and zinc-ed and I am going to swing on that little thread of hope that I can ride this on out without the exclamation point of sick to close this month.  I have pictures to show and stories to tell, but first I need to scoot to the store to outfit our fridge with food, start some laundry, and work on blasting my immune system with support. 

2 comments:

kevdog said...

Hope ya beat it but it is no surprise your resistance might be a bit low after the big push. Be well and take good care of yourself.

Nora said...

lots of sleep! but also, umckaloabo is a south african herb that i get in a tincture and it has had double-blind tests indicating its possible ability to fight against viruses and bacteria. it may be at your co-op. good luck!