Wednesday, February 8, 2012

snow and beaches


In the face of a ridiculous snowstorm that amassed us something like 20 inches, I thought I would share some Costa Rica pictures.  Bring back all those memories of hot weather, cool ocean and bicycles.   I think I will just show you a few photos in this post, and in the next one I will post all the animal and wild life shots.  We have been so busy since getting back that it feels like our trip was months and months ago!  As with every post, the pictures will look better if you click on them... blogspot photo distortion is the thorn in my craw.  Enjoy!





Beaches, hammocks and biking were the essence of our vacation.  As a Walsh, the whole purely relaxation thing is kind of hard for me.  I constantly feel the need to be productive, not waste time, especially coming off of a hard semester/year, so this vacation we focused on just getting away from the stress of everything.  JP did need to remind me a few times that it didn't matter what time it was, when we were hungry we ate, hot we swam, and when it rained we read our books on the deck. 




With the next two years booked up solid in terms of relative free time, I know we will be able to look back on this trip and glean some laid back relaxation vibes.  The good news is that we will be living in a city that is right on the ocean, and in a brand new state/coast to boot.  Our next adventures will involve exploring Maine, checking out what the East Coast has to offer us, and learning new winter sports.


1 comment:

Nora said...

i want to go to there (both the snowy and beachy places). it looks like your vacation was amazing!