Saturday, March 31, 2012

no thanks

You know what? Today was dumb.  I'm not gonna sugar coat it with any of that rhetoric...it just sucked.  For real, Renae and I had a bike route all planned out, 60 miles, break at 35ish for a margarita at a place she loves and then a loop on back.  You know what we did instead?  We biked in the wrong direction for eight miles, then backtracked for eight,  then weaved in the traffic of a busy road crossing over an interstate and finally found our way onto the very trail we had taken last weekend.  We got about 22 miles out (including the hub bub of being lost) and realized it was 5:00.  Directly after making an adult decision that it would be best to turn around, we got a flat tire.  Booooo.  Changing commenced and we headed home.  We took a break five miles from home so we could lay in the grass and motivate ourselves.  Climbing towards the idea of happy hour at irish snug we sucked it up and grappled the tiny hill back to her house.  I promptly plopped down and broke my favorite sunglasses.  40 miles on the books and our muscles feel like we trekked at least 70.  If it was too much sun I suppose we shouldn't complain, but can we complain about the wind?  11mph and feeling like dying is no way to start a ride.  Nevada? You've left me bitter to any suggestion of wind.  I hope you're happy!

No comments: