Friday, January 24, 2014

snowy sunday stroll

One of my favorite parts of living in an area that has all four season, is the beautiful, calming tranquility of fresh snow falls.  There is just nothing like it, new snow makes the world seem like a whole new place.  This winter has been a bit lacking in that department for me.  We had one little baby snow fall before I left for Belize, and since I've been back we haven't had much either.  Or I suppose we have had a few scattered storms, but they happened to occur during times that I was driving long distances, and thus I did not get to experience any of the calm, the beauty, or the tranquility.  Luckily for me, this past Sunday we had the perfect snow fall.  Big flat chunky blobs of snow fell all morning, piling up into fluffy dunes, and blanketing the park in covered silence. 


Our little family is a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to snow.  JP, armed with long underwear, smartwool socks, neck buff, scarf, heavy gloves, and brand new Bean boots, has really come over to the side of enjoying snow falls.  I like to think he has similar feelings to the ones I expressed above, but I know he still pines for sunny californean days as well.

Oliver LOVES snow.  He acts like snow is a special treat falling from the sky specifically for him.  He gets super giddy and riled up, and when we let him off leash, he runs full steam ahead with his mouth open and low so he can ingest as much fluff as possible.  He frolicks and scampers and has a constant poof of whiteness covering some portion of his face and head at all times. You can see him blasting in at a running sideways slant to photo bomb my picture below:


And little Yinny is the odd one out.  She hates/barely tolerates/glares her way through all that is involved in winter. If you are looking at her during a walk, she will quickly switch from a normal walk to hobbling on only three legs at a time, while making her eyes as big and round as possible, and softly whimpering.  If you don't look at her, she slowly shuffles along behind the group with her head hung low, looking wilted and dejected.  She loves walking with JP because he inevitably takes pity on her and scoops her up and away from all the evil snow.  I, on the other hand, heartlessly make her exercise.  

All three personalities summed up in one photo:


No comments: