Monday, July 18, 2011

it's wedding time already?!

Oh man, I think this blog is slowly morphing itself into a dog blog, or a complain about the GRE blog.  I need more things in my life!  SO, in honor of my best friend Annie's wedding which is coming up so quickly, I thought I would finally post about the second bachelorette party I have ever helped throw!  Did you think that maybe you would have heard about this in the month that the party occurred?  Maybe, if I was really lazy, the month after?  Well folks, it is indeed rounding up onto two months post party, but the wedding isn't for another FOUR WHOLE DAYS so technically I am still ahead of schedule, right? 

 Here is our bride-to-in-four-days-be...

(ARGH, side note to tell you that blogger deleted my whole post...I will cobble it back together)

 As you can see, Annie was dressed to the nines with her pink sash, glittery cowboy hat, and a lai acquired from the taxi driver!

Aly and I put together a  non-traditional party that was a combination of bridal shower, yummy snacks, games of course and the main event: a pedal pub!!  Basically a giant bicycle/boat/moving bar that we pedaled ever so slowly around St. Paul. See?




It was a lot heavier than you might think..or perhaps it looks heavy enough already to you.  Powered only by the strength in our legs, and not even all of our legs because some people were too short to reach, we meandered our way through the streets (two streets) of St Paul, stopping to wet our parched throats at a few bars a long the way.  Let me assure you, even though it was a chilly rainy evening, we were sweating upon arrival to every bar!  If it had been sunny I'm not sure if we would have made it very far! That rhymed.  In any case, it was a ridiculous fun celebration, topped off with music and dancing to end the night in style.    

 
The beautiful bride, Annie, and her two lovely bridesmaids/party planners!

No comments: