Sunday, May 13, 2012

picnic at the beach


I know I haven't posted any pictures of our place yet, but I promise I will very soon!  We have been busy lately with boring stuff; car repairs, car shopping, excise taxes, studying and working to name just a few.  With Joe back in the country (and state) and Emily finishing her last day of work, it was high time for some nature.  After a failed attempt to catch the ferry to Peak's Island, we regrouped and made a new plan.  Joe, JP and I biked across the bridge to South Portland and over to Willard Beach for a little sunset wine and cheese.  Emily met up with us, and we just relaxed, munched and took in the scenery. We have landed in quite a beautiful place, and I for one feel extremely lucky to be back near water again.  Mountains are gorgeous, but I just love me some water. 


Joe just got back from a tour in Europe and his love of cheese his been ignited.  We feasted on a few new (to us) varieties and sampled some salami and prosciutto as well.  This was all a lead up to a homemade Joe Walsh risotto dinner back at our place.  The evening was completed with carmel salted maine ice cream, a perfect ending to a great day, and another great way to welcome this new city into our lives.

No comments: