Tuesday, August 28, 2012

great diamond island

Midway through my second week and already I am dreaming of christmas vacation...  I suppose reliving last weekend will just have to suffice for now though.  Emily and I were lucky enough to stay at a beautiful house on Great Diamond Island on Saturday and Sunday.  Just a twenty min ferry ride away from Portland, we packed up yummy ingredients for a variety of meals, our swim suits and hats, books (both study variety and fun variety), art materials and the Oliver and had a little sister adventure.  My classmate's family owns the house and it just so happened that it was unoccupied, so we occupied it!  It was so nice to get away, and even though their house is right on the ocean with a perfect view of Portland, it felt like a different planet!  I was a terrible student, and we lounged around doing whatever we pleased.  This included swimming, swinging, ice cream eating, puppy playing, hot cocoa drinking, kayaking, mussling, nature viewing, and oh so much relaxation.  I both wish I could go there every weekend, and am glad that I can't because I would be so unproductive forever!  Luckily I didn't have too much to catch up on when I got back on Sunday night, and so I didn't feel too guilty for the break!  


Looking like professional ferry riders... no big deal
 
  


 O just likes to know what's going on...and then gets in the middle of it and licks it..





No comments: