Sunday, October 21, 2012

leaf peeping



I almost forgot to appreciate that I am back in a state that has full popping fall colors all over the place!! Both years I was in Colorado I somehow got it in my head that going up to the mountains would reveal glorious fall foliage, and both times I was rewarded with only evergreen and aspen yellow.  Beautiful in their own right, but not enough to make me feel like in the midst of my favorite season.  I feel like i just lifted my head up from my desk yesterday and all of a sudden everything was red and orange and yellow.  That could have something to do with how gloomy the weather has been lately, but I have finally noticed my fall surroundings, and they are beautiful!  I've got three pulmonary exams tomorrow, supposedly one of the hardest modules this semester.  I have been studying for them for three weeks and I think I am ready.  I KNOW I am ready for a little break of sorts.  Our next module is derm, which is much shorter and much less complex, and during which I am promising myself that I won't overstudy like I always do, and I will make a conscious effort to take time off.  To ensure that I follow through with that, my mom and sister are coming out next weekend for a girl's get away! Ohh I am more than ready for cabin-on-a-lake time and curl-up-with-trashy-no-knowledge-containing-books time and a fireplace to sit cozily by.  AH I am so excited, it's going to be great!  But for now, it is finally sunny outside for the first time in weeks and JP and I are headed to the beach (in sweatshirts and scarves) to get some much needed vitamin D!  Now, I will leaf you with some pictures...haha see what I did there?

 



1 comment: