Monday, October 8, 2012

it's fall and I'm not falling

We have reached the point where it's dark when I wake up and the sun seems to drop out of the sky closer and closer to 6:00.  Yikes!  We are streaming towards winter, and days around here have been cloudy and rainy.  Makes for some great buckle-down-and-study weekends, but is less advantageous when it comes to free time.  I'm happy it hasn't yet turned to snow though like many of my old haunts! 


We have been keeping our heads down lately, school is all consuming and JP has had a large increase in his workload, which has been keeping him at the office late more often than not.  I think we are just kind of in a slump of sorts, trying to figure out a good balance with the changes.  We are both looking forward to a small break around thanksgiving, and are hoping to get out of town for a few days.

I've been embracing fall in some respects though!  I baked some super delicious pumpkin muffins from a recipe I got online and modified.  I brought them to JP's work and even those gluten eating folks liked them!!  Last night we closed the weekend by making salmon and potatoes at Joe's house while our laundry was in the dryer.  How nice to live two blocks away from my brother! It was our first whack at salmon and it turned out great!  JP researched around and whipped up a maple tamari garlic marinade that was just splendid.

 
I've been doing well in all my classes, though they sure do keep me busy.  I'm keeping my motivation on track by volunteering to be in a panel for the pre-interview meet and greet that prospective students are coming to in a few weeks.  Can you believe it is already time to interview the class that will follow mine?!  It still feels so recent and sharp in my memory when I received my own interview invitation, and when I almost excitement-cried myself into an asthma attack when I was actually accepted!  The night before my interview JP and I went to the mixer and it played a huge role in affirming for both of us that we would be happy at UNE, and it certainly helped to calm my nerves before the big day.  I am super excited to hopefully help other students gain their confidence and help them understand what PA school is all about!

No comments: