Saturday, December 22, 2012

ahhhh vacation

Oh my, can I tell you how decadent my life has been since 10:30 yesterday morning when my Infectious Disease exams left my hand?  I haven't studied a single stitch of medicine.  Not one stitch.  I had two glasses of wine in the middle of the day, I went on a leisurely non-guilty walk with Oliver, I played video games with my boyfriend and I slept in until 9! (well really only 8, but I stayed in bed with my eyes closed until 9 just because I could!) That's the latest I have slept in in as long as I can remember.  I am going to a massage at 12:30, lunch date with the sister afterwards and a dinner date with the boy, the brother AND the sister.  After that my parents fly in, followed the next day by my little brother and we shall celebrate the holidays at a cabin on a lake.  VACATION is glorious, just glorious. 


Here is our little Christmas tree that I made while trying not to over study for my renal exams. If you look closely you can see a totoro ornament JP made!

I passed all my classes with flying colors, even my terrible, scary, heart-palpitation-inducing OSCE!  I feel lighter than I have in a long, long while.  SO glad/proud/relieved to have another semester behind me, and I really feel like I have learned a lot.  Now the impossible thing to believe is that I start my clinicals in just five months.  Yikes, it's so exciting! But right now it's time to celebrate the vacation on hand!

No comments: