Friday, December 14, 2012

breathe. and wash your hands.

I have this huge exam in 2 1/2 hours.  It's an OSCE (which stands for objective simulated clinical examination), and it is terrifying.  I have been practicing, I feel prepared and I know I will survive it, but I'M STILL TERRIFIED.  I've spent the morning studying renal pharmacology, or more accurately I have spent the morning trying to study renal pharmacology, but then I get all butterfly-y and anxious and have to calm myself back down and try to re-focus my brain to things like which drug I would use to reduce intracranial pressure and away from things like crying in front of my patient (and professors who are behind a two way mirror).  So, I am just going to quit hemming and hawing and go sit down and pet Oliver.  It's an automatic failure if you don't (breathe) wash your hands and introduce yourself, so if I remember who I am then I am already halfway there, right?!

No comments: