Sunday, July 6, 2014

dwindling

Well folks, my time of endless vacation and relaxation is rapidly coming to a close.  It's been unbelievably wonderful to have this time off, and as was expected, it went by far too fast.  In general I am not very good at relaxing, or not having a schedule to keep to, but these past six weeks have been different.

I'm learning to appreciate the expanse of a day stretching before you with no responsibilities.  I've been pushing myself to explore more, and do more of the things that I have missed in the past two years.  I've been on my bike every day, which is one of my favorite places to be.  I've taken myself on solo picnics to the prom, the cemetery, the beach(es)!  I've been connecting with friends both old and new, and almost none of our conversations related to medicine, or exams, or studying. I've caught up on mindless guilty pleasure television shows, listened to all the podcasts that I've missed, and watched movies with JP late into the night.  I've read three novels and started sewing again.  I thrifted, and wined, made homemade ice cream, and played both pool and ping pong.  We camped and grilled, boated and swam.  I've been realizing more and more just how much I love this beautiful city, and just how fortunate I am to have been brought right here.







And so, tomorrow morning I start on a brand new journey.  It's a daunting one, one that I have been dreaming of and preparing for and sharing about for a very long time.  A big part of me is scared (and pessimistic, and doubtful, and feeling small), but another big part of me is excited. I know I will stumble a lot, and I know it will be difficult, but I think I am finally ready for the next step.  It's sure gonna be a big one!

No comments: