Wednesday, July 2, 2014

moving day!

In my real life, I always forget the parts of moving that I don't enjoy.  Given enough time since my last move, I can just repress all those memories of muscle aches, and heavy boxes, and unwieldy objects stuck in awkward twisty staircases.


I always think about how much I just love moving!  I love the excitement of change, the new possibilities, the fresh start.  I love the unpacking and reorganizing, all the newness of everything!


Not so much the grunt work, the heat, and worst of all the dreaded cleaning.  Blech. I probably write the same blog post every time I move, so I shall spare you the details.  You all know exactly what sucks and elevates during moving!




I will say though, that we have sworn off third floor apartments in buildings that don't have an elevator.  I literally lost five pounds over the weekend we moved, which I attribute solely to the ridiculous amount of stairs I climbed.



We are settling nicely into our first floor digs, especially the pups who now have full access to viewing the outside world at dog-head heights, and our legs are thanking us silently every day.



Here's a couple more shots of our new place, we've got plenty of room for visitors! 





And a bonus sneak peek at some wedding bunting I've been busy sewing!

No comments: