Monday, January 4, 2010

a kid adult

My trip home was a whirlwind. I've never had the holiday experience of cramming everything into one week and then hopping back on a plane at the end, but it certainly pushed the important things to the forefront! It was so nice to be with my family for both my birthday and Christmas. I celebrated in Minneapolis with a circle of friends around me, and moved to Duluth for some family time and even a birthday text message from Tanzania! I've never put too much thought into my age, except to correct people when they assumed my sister and I were unaccompanied minors while traveling abroad at the age of 23 and 25.....but 25 is a birthday that people tell me is harder than they thought. It's a quarter of a century, yes, but 25 so far feels like 24 except with a few more pairs of smartwool socks, bike shoes and kitchen knives. My 25th year already has some ambitious plans and great visitors in store, I think it will be a good one! And if I start feeling old Oscar already told me that I don't even look like a real adult, more like a kid adult anyway..


1 comment:

LDT: Blog said...

Happy belated birthday lady and so sorry I missed you while in town! It seemed like an action packed trip, hope you enjoyed it!