Wednesday, January 13, 2010

school: round 5

I've been making plans and making plans lately. Perhaps there is more to this 25 year old business than I previously thought! I've decided to go back to school. Not like "oh I should go back to school someday. someday.", like classes start in less then a week. I know I just reached the fully lit tunnel end only a few short months ago, but it's just two classes and it really feels right. I was thinking forward to the fall semester when I realized that spring semester hasn't even begun yet! What am I waiting for?! Graduate programs and such all require hoop jumping in that I don't have all the necessary prerequisites for what I want to do. Thus the entrance of My Fifth College in my collegiate career. Hopefully they don't penalize for school hopping and state hopping because my transcript reads like a fugitive who zigs and zags instead of running straight on. I'm going to tackle chemistry again. Last time I tried to plow through this class I was drowning in too many credits, too much relationship drama and too little sleep. This time I can eliminate all of those obstacles and just let myself focus. I wonder if school will feel different now that I'm "going back", and I wonder if I can even say "going back" when in reality I only missed one semester's worth of classes..either way I'm excited and nervous. My classes are in the evening for the most part, something that was never my strong suit as an undergrad, but it's all that will fit into my wonky schedule right now and it's only four months right? Phew. In biking related news I've had so many people donate to support me and have surpassed the halfway point already! It's really quite heart warming to sign in and see all these names lined up with such generous donations. What great people are in my life! I found a bike shop here that deals mostly with Giants and got fitted for my new road bike. Yesterday UPS sent a shipping notification putting my receiving date at the 15th! Now that it is 2010 I can already feel the time between now and June starting to fly by. My life is going to change a lot this year, but with so many people supporting me I'm sure it will be great!


Here are the (birthday) shoes that will carry me over 4,000 miles!

1 comment:

Nora said...

AH! i'm so excited for you! the photos you took of your receiving-new-bicycle-in-mail was really extraordinary. i hope you can maintain that ability to capture each moment (if you have time or energy!) on your bike trip across the country! i want to be able to feel and smell and see and taste and touch (all the senses.. of course!) your whole trip.