Tuesday, October 19, 2010

clue two

Shhh..I know I should be studying, but look how much fun I've been having! We had visitors all last week (which I will blog about next), and with school and interviews and such I haven't had any time to work on my costume. My sister left me a voicemail saying she had come up with the best costume for this year and wanted me to be the first to know what it's going to be... then, as she was leaving the message, she thought better of it and decided to hold her idea ransom until she figured out what mine was. SO, costume time it is!! Behold, clue(s) two:


I got a few more kinds of fabric at the thrift store, the one on the top is this really cute table cloth and for the costume I think it will add just the right touch.


After being jealous of Carol's craft mat I finally got my very own one last week at the fabric store. I love it so much! In fact the first time I have gotten to use it was earlier today when I was pasting together a graph for my biology lab report. I go to a real college I swear. But, also pictured are a pair of fabric scissors that I inherited from my grandma. I love that I got a pair, she used a number of different ones, and they are a real solid reminder of her for me. Every time I sew I hope she's checking out my latest project.



The pattern...

And the work station.. see my biology notes in the corner? I was studying at one point today..


Kind of a mess, but so much fun! Do you know what I'm going to be??

3 comments:

KAT said...

I'm going with owl, adorable owl, or some kind of Kansas wildflower.

Oscar is the grim reaper, a few years ago he decided to be the 'green reaper'. Shhhhhhhh . . . Don't tell him there is a difference.

Nora said...

i was also going to guess some sort of bird and so i think owl, too! did we guess too soon?!

elise said...

Of course you guessed right! I am going to be an owl, which is quite fitting seeing as I can't seem to turn around in my house without seeing something owl-y...probably need to tone it down a little but certainly not before Halloween (which, now that I have a job, I will probably be working instead of partying). In any case, it's been really fun to create so far!