Monday, October 4, 2010

officially a dork on two wheels

Although you might have thought that I already was a dork on two wheels, now, according to my sweet boyfriend, I officially am. Yes I spent the summer fully clad in spandex while riding a bicycle everywhere, which is pretty high on the dork-o-meter in my opinion, but now I own a scooter. A SCOOTER. That was just in case you needed a double take. Because, guys, I OWN A SCOOTER.


Who knew such good could come out of having my car stolen? With my auto nowhere to be found, the insurance company cut me a check. I lucked out because my beloved MN rust bucket, okay it was only a little rusty but in Colorado a little is a ton, was declared to be in average condition since the insurance company had never seen the car, and I got more money than I thought I would. In fact, they ended up giving me more than I paid for the car in the first place. I'll take it! I had to! All this leads up to this weekend when my dream of owning a scooter was finally realized. I wasn't excited about looking for a new car, nothing was jumping out and it seemed like it would be a long and frustrating process. The rental car my insurance is paying for is up on Wednesday, and I didn't want to rush into buying a car just to have a vehicle. Ever since Annie brought me along on her hunt for the perfect scooter, which ended in an awesome little red scoot, I was hooked. Before this whole debacle I couldn't really justify buying a scooter, but with the extra money I can (kinda of) justify it now! Besides, I LOVE IT. That's justification enough....err, maybe not, BUT I am still looking for a car while I scoot around the city in style. Now I've got more time to figure things out, and am getting 100 mpg while I do.


Plus, Annie said we could start a scooter gang together and that's about as cool/dorky as it gets.

3 comments:

Nora said...

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh you are so cute on your scooter!!!! i love the orange and red together. most fabulous! 100 mpg ain't bad, either.

kevdog said...

Lookin' good!! Watch out for gravel and car doors. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

How adorable are you! I love it. I remember almost going this route after my horrible car accident but MN isn’t as conducive to scooter cuteness as Colorado. Can’t beat the mileage either.