Wednesday, October 13, 2010

just $8.00. seriously.

Okay folks, I am sure you have heard about ordering glasses online, and how cheap that can be. My friend, and old roommate, Carol bought some from one of those websites after her expensive ones were smashed in a car accident. I don't know why I didn't jump on the band wagon then, or when a regular at a restaurant I used to work at boasted about his five new pairs that were coming in the mail. I think I just tuned it out as too good to be true or something. But no longer, no longer. My real life glasses have a prescription that is laughably outdated. Well, laughable in the sense that I couldn't see anything that was more than a few inches from my nose, and what I could see would go in and out of focus as my eyeballs strained to correct themselves. I don't wear them too much and so I didn't want to deal with finding and going to an eye doctor and paying hundreds of dollars to replace and update them. Then a small light bulb popped into my head and I started checking out glasses websites. After calling my old optometrist and getting a string of confusing numbers, JP and I started browsing the $8 section on Zenni Optical. It's hard to tell what they will look like, even with the websites zoom feature, but at only $8 a pop and shipping costs the same no matter how many pairs you buy you can't really go wrong. So I ordered a pair with red wire rims and a plastic pair that was the closest style to my current pair that I could find. A few weeks later, TAAA DAAAAA:


Don't they look nice?! A friend of mine who just got glasses for the first time said "it's like everything I see is in High Definition now!" and that is completely true for me too. I really had not realized how horrible my prescription was, and now I can see everything!! It's fun to have options too, I've never owned more than one pair of glasses at a time and now I can switch it up if I want! Plus, if they end up breaking in my bag or in an accidental sitting-on incident it doesn't matter too much cause they were so cheap! I couldn't get a good shot of the glasses actually on my face (the fact that I was wearing contacts at the same time might have had something to do with that..), but here is the best one:

No comments: