Friday, April 1, 2011

spring break '011 come and gone

I am just so blessed. I just have the most amazing family, and I am so fortunate to be able to share time with them throughout the year even though we live far apart from one another. Spring Break '011 was a complete success!! Em came a few days before my parents did and we got right down to it by eating some cheap tacos that were super tasty and then indulging in some girly time with massages and pedicures! She even let me get the same color as her on my toes, aww. We packed in the activities and every night were exhausted just from hanging out and talking and shopping and dog walking. It was perfect. Next we all met up at a cabin that my dad had found in Estes Park. It was short but sweet spending time in the mountains although our day hike was a bit snowed out when we drove up the mountain but we fixed that by driving back down about halfway and having a creekside picnic instead. After Emily departed Mom and Pop still had the whole weekend to spend with us and no plans so we went to an art museum, took the denver bike share bikes out for a little cruise, browsed a book store, checked out a few thrift stores and of course scooted about (even mom! even dad!). It was a really, really great visit that came at a good time for me to help rejuvenate me and get me ready to finish up this semester with style (errr maybe determination).

It's always hard to say goodbye, especially when we live so far apart from one another these days! I love being in Colorado, and I know it is the right place for me right now, but I still wish I could live in a secret little pocket of the US where we could all be separate but very close. I'm just going to project into the future and hope that both Emily and I get accepted into schools that are closer to each other than Colorado is to Maine in our next round of schools. It would be lovely to spend even just a year or two in the same state as one of my siblings again! Fingers crossed I suppose because applications are approaching fairly quickly and acceptance rate for my program of choice is around 5%!

But enough blithering, because after many unsuccessful attempts I have finally uploaded pictures from this spring break '011 and can share them with you all!


We made it! After (maybe) locking my keys in my car and general confusion we got to Estes before sundown!



Our little hike was a bit snowier and icier that anticipated so it was a very little hike in the end!

Oliver got his first taste of adventure in the great outdoors and did really well!

Mom angles for the best picture of the gnarly trees.

Same day, down the mountain with no snow and sun....that's Colorado for you.

Back in Denver everyone tried out the scoot. Mom threw her scarf over her shoulder in the Red Baron's signature style and even managed to drive one handed while waving to her fans!

No comments: