Sunday, March 31, 2013

I said YES!

I wasn’t sure I would survive the final drag down week of school before spring break, but on a rainy, windy Tuesday night my best friend got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!  I may have blacked out what he actually said, then cried and squealed and hugged him for so long he had to peel me off of him to put the ring on my finger, but in the end we were officially engaged!!  I’ve basically been on a cloud of smiles since then, which helped propel me through the long lectures and right into spring break.  We kept it a secret from his family and surprised them with the news when we got to Louisiana.  It was incredibly exciting to share the news with my family over the phone, and quite special to share it in person with his.  I feel so surrounded by love and support, and I am overwhelmed with excitement for this next step together!  He is my constantly supportive, nerdy joke telling, shoulder to cry on, kitchen dance partner, teenage mutant, computer fixing, fast scooting, card playing, puppy loving, whiskey drinking, scallop searing, creative, intelligent, ridiculous best friend extraordinaire, and I GET TO MARRY HIM!  What luck! 


Oliver cleaned up in style to help with the big proposal! 


In the hubub of vacation and celebration I somehow didn't take many pictures, but rest assured that family, sun, and crawfish were exactly what we needed for a little recharge before my final six weeks of didactic year.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two!

Nora said...

i love the way you describe him and how you describe how excited and lucky you are to get to marry him. that is a beautiful description of a sweet relationship! love to you both!