Thursday, June 6, 2013

dial it back

Remember that time I biked across the country? You probably do in different ways, just like I do.  I've got some memories from the posts I blogged, pictures I took and postcards I sent and received.  I sent JP good morning videos to give him a piece of my day, and talked with various friends and family while laying on my thermarest.  Some of you came and visited me, some even biked!  A lot of the memories I have though are intangible, and sometimes there are moments when I least expect it that squeeze my heart fiercely, and remind me of the many tiny little details that I cherished.  I was listening to This American Life on one of my early morning commutes to the ICU and an incredible story came on.  It captured so perfectly many of the overwhelming feelings and emotions that were so very difficult to describe while I was on Bike & Build.  I figured I would share it here, and if you like you can listen in and experience a little sliver of how it felt to be on and complete such an incredible journey.  You can find it here. 


No comments: