Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jamaica, in pictures

Our vacation in Jamaica was so incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating, all the things we desperately needed.  Even though I packed two textbooks, I shoved those guilty feelings of not studying waaaay way deep down and didn't even crack them until the flight home. 



It was absolutely amazing.  We did the type of a vacation my family never did when I was growing up.  Probably due in part to having four kids, and a lot in part due to the fact that in my family vacations mean adventure and exploring and camping and hiking and visiting relatives.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED our family vacations, some of my favorite memories from my childhood are tied up in road trip to our grandparents farm and hiking in to a cabin in the woods for a few days, or just exploring new cities and towns, and I love going to new places and exploring new cultures, but now I know that I can also love a beach vacation with days full of unstructured time, swimming when you want to, reading a book for fun and taking a nap in the middle of the day just because you feel like it.  We went snorkeling every day!




It didn't matter what time it was, we just woke up when we wanted to, ate what we wanted to and did what we wanted to.  Such a different story then our real lives, and it was fantastic!  We stayed in a condo right across from one of the most beautiful beaches in Jamaica, we had a little grocery store on the bottom floor of the building, a swimming pool on the top floor, a place to play pool across the street, and somehow we managed to arrive just after tourist season ended so the whole place was practically just ours! 


We celebrated JP's 27th birthday, a number that he seems to think sounds incredibly old.  I of course have no pity for him, he always relishes in the fact that even if he is old, I will always be the oldest!  I made him a birthday sign, which has become tradition from last year and the year before and even the year before that! Sheesh!  The balloon was a joke, he hastily updated the balloon I made for his 26th birthday by putting an 8 on it for my most recent birthday...now it also has a 7 pasted on top!


On his actual birthday we went to Negril, which was about an hour down the coast, and checked out the famous seven mile beach. 



We also went to the local hot spot Rick's Cafe and saw clif jumpers and divers.  We even witnessed a couple in their wedding clothes jump off the 30 foot ledge.  It was quite a sight to see her wedding gown flowing up behind her!



And that was our vacation!  Of course I would be remiss if I didn't include the gorgeous sunsets we witnessed, which were so beautiful every single night!





                                    And now  back to reality!


No comments: