Saturday, June 29, 2013

onwards to summer

Out side of rotations I have finally managed to find time to enjoy summer in New England for the first time!  Last year was all tour-of-air-conditioned-classrooms, but this year is a different story entirely.  I made a rule for myself this summer, and that rule is that if there is a question of swimming my answer should always be yes, yes please.  While living in land locked Colorado, the thing I missed most was a large body of water.  Now I live by ocean and lakes and rivers and streams!  I don't think I want to live anywhere too far from water again, it's so life giving and magnificent.  In any case, I present to you our water filled summer thus far:


O and I visited Em and Chris at Chris's family cabin on Lake Sunapee in New Hampshire
 



Long lost cousin's came to Maine for a week long vacation and we grilled on the Eastern Prom at sunset.

 

JP and I took our bikes on the ferry last weekend and biked around Peak's Island.

 

Here is Emily's favorite swim spot on the Presumpscot River, where Emma, Oliver and I have been coming after work to get a break from the humidity. 

So, summer has been good so far!  It feels like a long time since I have been able to get out and enjoy some sun and nature.  I love living in Portland, it's such a great place and so close to a lot of cool things!  My parents continue their hunt for a second home here, and they are coming out on the train for a whole week to visit.  Hooray life!

No comments: