Monday, March 8, 2010

a day at the park

This week/month/year is going by so fast, holy crapoli! On Friday I got out for a challenging 25 mile ride with my boss Mark. I survived, even on the hills, although my lungs wanted to whimp out on me. It basically went like this: "Lungs? Meet Hill. You should get to like Hill because soon Hill will become Mountain, and Mountain is much more intimidating then little Hill here." It is nice to have someone to bike with, especially since it's Mark who knows a good deal about the world of spandex road riding and about the routes around town. I have to admit that I lean towards being a one-gear-girl, and never remember that I can in fact shift! Mark has started on the wonderful task of reminding me to change gears when the terrain changes, and thus I am learning that gears are an amazing thing. Ahh it's the little things in life, eh?

After that ride (my longest yet since training started!) my legs needed a bit of a break so on Sunday we went to Longmount to drop off some congratulatory champagne for Jeremy and Karyn's engagement (!) and to take the girls to the dog park. I of course snapped pictures, while JP tried to dodge the camera. Luckily I am in the childcare field and have honed my pictures-in-motion skills. Here are a few for you:

*
The Yin Berry

*
She is such a kook...or is it just my miraculous motion-picture capturing abilities?


***
Waiting patiently for treats, the ball for Layla and food for Yin.


****
Then it was evening and we headed back to Denver to start a new week.

3 comments:

J.P. said...

Yin is definitely a.. "quirky" dog, to put it lightly. And Layla is just, "focused".

But your motion-picture capturing abilities are quite miraculous indeed! That shot of Yin with her tongue out is just too funny!

Anonymous said...

Lady you impress me with the crazy long distance mountain biking! It seems training is paying off. Love the pup pictures.

armfuls.blogspot.com said...

i found a great (but flat, sorry) route to the ocean for when you're here. can't wait!