Saturday, May 1, 2010

and then it was May?!

I still can't believe it is already May! Things just keep trucking right along, don't they? June is now literally right around the corner. I've been collecting fellow bike riders to accompany my group for a day here and there on the road which has served to make me even more excited about the trip! On Thursday I had my last chemistry exam before the final and next Thursday is my final already! I can't believe this semester is drawing to a close. It feels like just a few weeks ago was registration and now I am trying to find classes for the fall!

Aside from my obligations in real life I've got to tell you about our vacation, which was amazing. There are few things nicer then vacations that involve boats, water, putt-putt golf, fresh seafood and family, and ours included all of these. Our first day was gorgeous, and although we had only gotten an hour and a half of sleep, we headed out on the boat for raw oysters and happy hour, beach tromping with the gang of dogs, crab racing and dolphin sightings! What a different scene then Denver! It was a good thing we got all those activities in early because the rest of the weekend was cloudy, tropical stormy, windy weather. I was a pretty happy camper though because I recently found out that Denver doesn't really get thunderstorms and they are one of my favorite things. With the weather as it was we were perfectly situated for exactly what we wanted in our vacation: lounging about, eating amazing food and playing wii sports. When the weather cooperated we got out for some putt-putt golf, shopping and ice cream breaks. We were completely spoiled by Judy and Jim, especially when it came to food. We ate and ate until we practically had to unbutton our pants. JP's sister Jess picked up some gluten free bread and brownies from the farmer's market for me and Judy had all sorts of snacks that I could eat waiting at the house when we arrived. We stopped at a fish market on the way from the airport and got enough fresh shrimp, craw fish, grouper to feed a small army. Last time we visited Jim made us some amazing steaks, he whipped them up again and they were just as delicious as I remembered. I feel like we ate our way through vacation, and it was tasty. I didn't get any pictures (too busy being lazy), except the one below that I think captures a bit of our decadence, but I am hoping to have some e-mailed to me sometime soon. I'll share them once they get here but for now here is a little preview:



Jim made us craw fish, shrimp, tomato, onion, cheesy goodness omelets for our breakfast at 2:30 in the afternoon. In the middle is a big ol' plate of bacon which even we could not finish.. but not for lack of trying.

2 comments:

Nora said...

seafood pile is a good alternative to meat pile but i like that you incorporated the two together.

LDT: Blog said...

Right... It's May already… Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I hope we get to see some more photos!