Monday, May 24, 2010

two weeks 'til lift off!

Yes you read that right, only 14 DAYS until go time. Yipes! With one week to go in the apartment I just started packing yesterday at 10pm.. I guess the college student in me is still alive and kicking! Isn't it funny how the easiest things to pack are also the things you need until the last minute and are also the things that once packed make you feel very productive and accomplished when you glance around the now stark gigantic closet? Well, I diligently packed my closet last night leaving only B&B jerseys amongst the mess of hangers, and thus had to unpack to get dressed this morning.


The time of daily head to toe spandex and then occasionally a real person outfit is not yet here and I need to remember that I can wear actual clothes for two more weeks and digging through a box to get them isn't very practical. Mostly also I had only one decent sized box from my sleeping bag shipment and I foolishly packed all of my books into it. Every time I move I tell myself to spread the book love between all of the boxes and every time they end up in one astonishingly (especially for three flights of stairs) heavy lump of a box. I know if you are Kathy you might be thinking, hey, don't I have five or seven astonishingly heavy boxes of Elise's books in my garage from her last move? Well, maybe we should all take a moment to celebrate the fact that I have an eReader now and hopefully won't be adding many more tangibly heavy books to my life before my next move. And maybe those of you who are in states other than Colorado can take a moment to be glad that it won't affect you either way.

In biking news I was perusing the B&B website and checked out the interactive map for the routes that have already started and they are cool! From your couch/desk/phone or what have you, you can watch us cross the US one mile at a time. The map gives you the miles we've done and the miles we've got left, how many days, where we are at, and I think even links to some of the rider blogs too! Pretty cool stuff, ours is here: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/route.php?route=P2SF&year=2010 and will be fully fun to tune in to starting June 11th if you are interested. Other then that I've got about a week left before it's time to pack up and ship my bike off to Providence where it will be waiting for me once I arrive. My sister scouted out a trail in Maine that goes to the beach and is maybe 25 miles long so I will have to get my hands on some sort of two wheeled device while I'm there...either that or bask in the glory of a week without exercise before I push off on the 4,138 miles journey ahead!

1 comment:

Nora said...

oh my gosh- just looking at that number of miles makes me dizzy. you guys are CRAZY. and awesome. big journey ahead and i think you're almost ready, my friend!