Thursday, June 10, 2010

portland, portland

I made it to p-land safe and sound, and have been eating wonderful homemade tastyness ever since! We made basil stuffed scallops with pasta the first night, and managed not to burn down Joe's new condo although we did set off the very loud and insistent fire alarm. Last night we made arepas and went out for pool and darts afterwards.


Our favorite filling includes queso fresco, avocado and fried plantains...so delicious.

Yesterday morning Em and I went to pilates and then met up with Joe for smoothies, eggs, hashbrowns and salad. Apparently Joe has a new tradition of salad at breakfast and Emily and I both agree that it is a nice addition to the meal! Yesterday afternoon Joe brought me to the recording studio to watch and hear the mixing of his soon to be released album. What little I heard sounds fantastic, and mixing songs is a really interesting thing! All in all, this visit will be a quick but much needed excursion. My bike has been delivered to the REI in Providence, and tomorrow I will be joining it there as well! In the mean time, here are a few pictures to make you all consider moving here:



1 comment:

Nora said...

oh yes, the pictures do make me want to move there. although the picture that most made me want to be there right now was the avocado, and i suppose i can get that anywhere. :)