Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Churchill Downs and a day off!

Back blogging some pictures of our first day off on July 3rd in Louisville, and our private tour of Churchill Downs! Having down time was the best thing ever, especially after a day in which the cue sheet was about eight miles off and Erica and I got confused and rode an extra fifteen... Once we arrived it was great to just hang out with no obligations. We went to the karaoke place down the street and sang until they closed. The next day Chris got us all passes to the pool/club down the street that had a 9 million gallon pool. It was gorgeous and so refreshing on such a hot day.

Doesn't it look like summer?

After dinner at Chris's parents house, with homemade ice cream, we made a massage train for our aching shoulders.

At Churchill Downs we got a private tour of the grounds, millionaires row, the VIP balcony... It was pretty cool. We even got to see the jockeys run the horses. Good times.

All of us.


I'll get some more pictures up as I can. Today I'm riding sweep on a 100+ mile day so I am currently sitting on the curb at a gas station waiting for Kristie to patch her flat. I hadn't realized how long it's been since I last posted! I got distracted by my parents visit, which was amazing, and which deserves a post of it's own in the near future.

No comments: