Sunday, July 18, 2010

a busy, busy day

Yesterday was crazy, the temperature reached 101 and we rode 98 miles. I was one of the only people who had water right up until 3 miles out as the last gas station/sign of life we saw had been 60 miles back. Kansas, as I mentioned, is really not flat. Rolling hills and long slow inclines were the name of the game, combined with heat, humidity and no shade to speak of. I had a great day though, Robby and I made up lame games and played them all afternoon. We had slow races and no brake races and in general acted ridiculous for the better part of the ride. I love so much that on bike & build everything is hilarious. I think it's a combination of exhaustion, absurdity and maybe a little insanity but I have never laughed harder then I do almost everyday on this trip. I even once fell off my bike mid climb in Pennsylvania into someones front yard because I was laughing too hard to stay upright. So much fun, and such good people. Today was a busy, busy day for us even though we only went 68 miles. The pictures below should explain it, and now I've got to go make dinner!


First up yesterday we reached over 2,000 miles and today was our official halfway point!


World's largest ball o' twine came next.


Here I am at the geographical center of the US!

Rudy and I on the flagpole at the center of the US.


Another state line, which means next up is Colorado!!

Mid-morning break to eat clif bars in a field..

No comments: