Tuesday, March 1, 2011

aprons, aprons, everywhere!

For some reason I have become obsessed with sewing aprons. Yes, I realize how weird that sounds especially for someone who never wears one unless I'm back at my parents home and can tie on the little kid one I used to use that hangs in the kitchen. I made my first one from the scraps of my owl costume for my mom for christmas. I even had the forethought to snap some pictures of it (JP graciously modeled it around the kitchen while swaying his hips for me) but then that horrible thing happened for the very first time to me, in which my camera and computer mis-communicated and instead of actual pictures I ended up with tiny little thumbnails that won't do anything but look like real pictures until you try to actually look at them. Sad day! I have only one picture of the whole process, and it's kinda crappy quality cause I took it on my cell phone at night before switching to a camera, so don't judge too harshly!

It's a really cute apron, my first ever and I made the pattern up myself! Which might not seem all that impressive, but since I don't sew very often and when I do it's usually for comical reasons (octopus or owl anyone?) I am taking it for a win. In any case, I was at Goodwill the other day and I found a really great comforter cover that would have looked awfully girly and weird in our bedroom, but looks awesome and not too, too girly when re-purposed into aprons. Who would have known!

If you can believe it, this isn't even all of them because I forgot to get a picture of the one I sent to Nora for her birthday present! I told you I've become obsessed!

1 comment:

Nora said...

you TOTALLY should take that as a win! you are a crafty, crafty lady and i'm excited to use my new apron! :)