Tuesday, March 8, 2011

nerdiest study group ever?

I started an organic chemistry study group, which on paper consists of seven people, but in reality no one has ever shown up except Mason and I. Anyone remember my disastrously failed book group? Well if you don't, then just recall your own memories of working in groups while in college, with a bunch of different schedules to work around and no one ever wanting to motivate, and I am sure the feelings will match right up. In any case, my study group is super nerdy. Last Sunday Mason thought maybe some other people would show up for once, since our exam (tomorrow) is a particularly hard one, but no dice. He baked a pie for all of us (read: me and him), and if you look closely at the decorations you can see that it is in fact a tetrahedral chiral carbon molecule with an R group attached.


We ate the R group first to make the molecule a carbocation...

2 comments:

Nora said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man! can't resist...

NEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) love!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me smile. I love it!