Tuesday, August 31, 2010

San Francisco

After having San Francisco in the back of my mind for months on end, one would think that I would have been better prepared for the actual city upon arrival. While it is true to my nature to have planned things out way in advance, I left this one up to everyone else. I had no time or energy to really think about what I would do in San Francisco, but luckily my family had a lot of things they were looking forward to doing and so I got to tag along without having to put out much energy at all. This was also a fortunate plan of attack, as I was exhausted the whole time I was there! Guess that's what biking over 4,000 miles will do to you. We got out to the science museum and to a They Might Be Giants concert in the park, we ate lots of great food, strolled around a few different neighborhoods and drank copious amounts of coffee. It was a great vacation, with great people. It's pretty rare that we can all get together more then once a year, so it was extra nice that our schedules all lined up to be able to hang out for a few days!


VIP seating on a tree stump at the concert!


Packing her up definitely brought home the reality of the end of the summer..


After so much time picturing their faces to help me keep going, it was really odd to have them leave already!

No comments: