Friday, August 27, 2010

WE DID IT!

We crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, and dipped our tires in the ocean! 4,200 some odd miles later our trip is finally completed! I don't really know how to describe what it felt like to see the bridge for the first time, and cross it all together. So many friends and family members were waiting on the other side to celebrate with us...it was absolutely amazing! What an overwhelming feeling, on so many levels, to have biked across the country and to end that trip in such a beautiful place. I was so lucky to have my whole family waiting for me on the beach, along with JP, the entire Altman family and an aunt and uncle! The thought of them being there really helped me push through the last week of riding, and I am so grateful they could all be there to help celebrate! I feel like anything I could write would just be inadequate so I will leave you with a couple pictures of the big day. Hopefully that will suffice!


That sign says "Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco"!


We almost never got to ride together in a big group, but on the last day we all waited for each other, and it was such a great feeling to see everyone all lined up together.


The bridge! We waited for everyone to arrive before crossing all together.



After our triumphant entrance, we dipped our tires, jumped in the freezing cold ocean, drank some champagne and promptly fell asleep on the grass.


So glad to see everyone and so happy to have finished such a challenging journey!

No comments: